Activities to Do While Camping, for Adults
Check out our list of ideas of activities for adults to do while camping below. You can also check out our list of ideas for kids and teens to do while camping (a lot of these ideas will be fun even for adults!) and our article on ways to relax while camping.
- Try out a survival challenge. As a way of brushing up on your wilderness survival skills, challenge yourself to do things the old-fashioned way, like starting a primitive fire and building yourself a shelter.
- Try out axe throwing. Get a target, some tomahawks or throwing knives, and go! As always, be careful!
- Play games like horseshoes, frisbee, volleyball, etc.
- If you have the equipment, practice archery or play paintball.
- Utilize your sports gear and move! Go kayaking, try rock climbing, go mountain biking, or even just go for a hike.
- Practice your photography skills. For those who are interested, you can also look into getting a drone. Research the rules for owning one as well as any local regulations or restrictions for the area you will be visiting.
Play card or board games. There are numerous fun games to play out there beyond just regular monopoly or Uno, though those are great options too. Games like Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, and The Resistance are fun, out-of-the box options to play with your friends.
- If you’re open to it and you have an open-minded group of people to play with, it might be fun to explore the adult-versions of some family-friendly games, which can require the purchase of special decks or expansion packs.
- Some of these games are even more fun played as drinking games, or you can stick with classic ones like beer pong. Either way, grab your group of friends and a beverage and get ready for some fun!
- Binge watch your favorite TV show or have a movie night. There is no shame in using your down time to catch up with your favorite series!